Sunday, October 12, 2014

Life at home{school}

I am not sure my kids are entirely sold on it.  I'm not sure I am entirely sold on it.  Everyday I have my doubts, my worries, my fears {am I alienating them?....ruining their social life?}  and then I have a moment of clarity.  I might meet someone, a younger person who was raised in public school and they are entirely, ridiculously stupid.  I mean stupid like you can't take care of yourself at all if you cut your finger.  You can't begin to think how to fix the problem you got yourself into.  I want my kids to know things, to be able to solve things for themselves, not just have someone teach them how to robotically go through life.  I want creative and exhuberant, quiet, smart...little thinkers.  I don't want them to be perfect...I want them to be themselves. 

We went on two field trips so far...one to the Fire Station and one to Oatland Island Nature Center.  How cool do you feel when everyone else is stuck in school and you're at the beach?  Pretty darn cool!


OATLAND ISLAND NATURE CENTER
SAVANNAH, GEORGIA
 


 
WHO DOESN'T LOVE AN OWL?



 
GIANT BIRD NEST...SAM IS LAYING AN EGG, LOL

 
VULTURES...YUK


 
UP THE RAMP!




 
GRAY WOLVES...VERY, VERY AWESOME.




 
This was a pretty cool field trip.  The kids loved it and we really enjoyed it too.  Very reasonably priced and lots to see...and it's only about 10 more minutes onto Tybee Island from here!
 
TYBEE ISLAND, GEORGIA
 




 
FIRST STEPS INTO THE OCEAN :)


 
HE SHOULD ALWAYS BE THIS CAREFREE!




 
 
BROOKLET FIRE STATION
BROOKLET, GA
 
 
HERE WE ARE WAITING FOR FIREFIGHTER STEVE!






 
We have had lots of fun so far in our first 3 months...here's to the next three months!
 
sue
 

No comments:

Post a Comment