Friday, February 27, 2015

February Garden

Our garden may not look like much, but I have huge hopes for this little plot we fenced off.  It isn't the prettiest, but it's functional and will {hopefully}keep our fridge chock full of fresh veggies this summer.

 
Our garden is about 16 x 20.  We have one 4 x8 raised bed and then I am going to do some container gardening this summer using Lowe's 5 gallon buckets. 


 
The trellis on the right will be for cucumbers.  The other side will be for peas. {which I planted yesterday!} The plan for the raised bed is this:
 
cucumbers
onions
garlic
carrots
lettuce/spinach
peppers
radish
beets
brussel sprouts
eggplant
broccoli
cabbage
cauliflower


We are utilizing the square foot gardening method so some of these plants will be by their lonesome
this year.

 
I planted red potatoes in the Rubbermaid totes on the sides.  We'll see how that goes. 
The large blue pot houses my rosemary plant which I hope comes back this year.
 

 
The rest of the five gallon buckets will be for tomatoes, squash, and pole beans.  I have several smaller pots for herbs. 
 
I saw some of my onions peeking out through the soil...love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment