Thursday, March 3, 2016

Sewing frenzy

Hello!  Yes, I've been gone from blog land but thankfully I have also rediscovered my little creative self!  I used to scrapbook and make home décor items, and then suddenly I was over it.  Overwhelmed trying to compete with Pinterest, other bloggers and just feeling like I was never good enough.  I'd lost my love of handmade.....but it's back!  I've reopened my Etsy shop, updated my Twitter account and have even considered signing up for a stand at our local Farmer's Market. 

I've readjusted my work schedule to mostly weekends to allow myself to be home during the week for homework help (ugh) and have discovered that I have a good bit of free time now with only two kids at home during the day....which leads to my newest love.....sewing! 

This is my latest...done last night while everyone was at church....






I've also learned the value of interfacing when sewing bags!  I love how crisp they turn out when you use interfacing.  I'm new(er) to sewing but thanks to a great Home Economics class in high school, I can find my way around a machine.  Keep an eye on my Etsy shop for upcoming items!

Happy Day!

Sue

No comments:

Post a Comment