So, somewhere in the past two weeks I finally came to the realization that my kids needed to go back to school. I had given homeschooling a full year and guess what...I was sick of it. They were sick of it. I missed the whole public school experience. I missed the bus, unloading bookbags, school parties, pto meetings...you name it. I missed it.
I wish I could be on of those homeschool moms. I'm too neurotic. It was overwhelming and I was making myself miserable. Most of all, I was making my kids miserable. Sam has wanted to go back for months. He is thriving his first week back. Emma voluntarily went outside this week. She is a different person. Jacob is still at home. I am working on trying to get him to go back, but it's so much easier just working with him, so it just may work.
I don't consider it a failure. It was a learning process. I can say I am more attentive to what they are learning in school and am not just a sheep now. I ask questions, I will be involved. I think it helped expose areas we need to work on, as well as each kids strengths. Emma has blossomed into a great artist. Sam is a computer whiz and a smartaleck. He will be a great speaker/role model. He is funny and sarcastic. It's hilarious. Jacob is so attached to me. He doesn't want to go back because he misses me. I may have to give some tough love here. I don't know. WE will see how it goes.
I love them all so much.
No comments:
Post a Comment