Hi all! Well lots has happened since my last post in March! We have had some major changes around here and it's been leading me to re-evaluate what is most important to me. The older I become, the more disgruntled I become having to work "outside" the home. I am a nurse and I make a good living, but there are days it is overwhelming. You find yourself unappreciated, tired and less compassionate. I would love to be able to balance my "work life" and "home life" so I can find more joy in both.
So here is what has been going on:
1. I am now among those breed of women you would call "independently separated". After 12 years of marriage and 5 children, we both decided to go our separate ways. It is a work in progress and will hopefully be the best thing for both of us.
2. My homestead plan is humming along! I started a small journal with my plans, hopes and dreams to be more self sufficient and it really has helped me to stay on track...and work ahead!
3. I have only ONE child at home with me during the day now! That is HUGE for me since I have not been "childless" for 12 years!
4. I can say that I honestly have been living my life for ME, not for someone else or under someone else's expectations. For, the first time in a long time, I feel like I am getting back to who I really am. I am really starting to be able to place responsibilities where they should lie, instead of always on my shoulders. This goes for my kids, my husband, my family and my co-workers.
5. I have reconnected with my oldest son. Big. That's all I can say here. :)
6. I am learning things and exploring ideas that I may not have ever done before. Also BIG.
So my hope is to keep up my little blog here and update you on my homestead and whatever else I happen to be doing for the day. If you follow along, I hope you find something useful along the way.
Much love
sue
No comments:
Post a Comment